Go Kart plans

Old 06-04-04, 06:26 AM
Dman033189
Visiting Guest
Go Kart plans

I am new at welding and when I get alittle better I want to make a gokart. I would like it to for offroad. I was wondering what would be a good engine to keep an eye out for. And also where I can buy parts for it at. Thanks, Don

Old 06-05-04, 04:01 PM
RoNi-Go
Visiting Guest
Try this site.

www.diyden.net has a lot of good information on go-carts. You can get some plans for them real cheap, plus a bunch of other stuff.
As far as an engine is concerned, any engine could work! Just as long as it runs, it could be from a lawnmower, snowmobile, motorcycle, weedwacker(though you might want two for that), and other motors, too. So as you can see, you shouldn't be limited in finding a motor. I would just suggest that the motor you get has a horizontal shaft, instead of vertical. That way it'll be quick and easy building.
good luck,
Brice

Old 06-14-04, 07:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
um...

u might want to try www.jackssmallengines.com and somthing around a ten horse motor would work well. also a "lift" or just a go-kart just build it higher off of the ground and make sure u build some fenders or mudflaps to keep the mud off of u. its really messy going muddin' in a g-kart, good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question