what should i use to clean my snowmoblie engine

Old 06-01-04, 08:14 AM
Feetz
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb what should i use to clean my snowmoblie engine

Hi every body

I recently bought a moto ski 440cc snowmoblie engine .
I was wanting to know what is the best way and best product to use to clean it .
thnx for your time .

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-04, 12:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you are talking about removing dirt and grease, I would use a commercial engine degreaser in an aerosol can. They are available at any autoparts store. I usually use an old toothbrush to help loosen things up in the nooks and crannies. It may take a couple of applications to make it sparkle like new. Just follow the label directions.

Old 06-14-04, 09:14 AM
you may have this engine apart and want to clean it before it goes back on. always a good idea. a pressure washer even at low pressure would work. or if you dont have access to one, then a local car wash would work also. this could also work if u have the engine still on the snowmobile. just be EXTRA EXTRA carefull not to spray into any seals or covers because this could riun the seals and u would have water in the engine. so its a good idea to not pressure wash the engine if its still on. just do what he siad. hes got a good idea.

Old 06-16-04, 11:06 AM
I swear by Greased Lightning.Used it on lawn tractor engine and it took off all the grease even with just using cold water to hose it off.