4-wheeler winch

Old 07-19-04, 11:56 AM
4-wheeler winch

i'm planning on buying a 4x4 4-wheeler and was wondering if it is really worth it to buy a winch for it. i do some off-roading in the back pasture but it is mainly for farm use. does anyone have expirience with a 4-wheeler with a winch and if so what kind should i get for the best price. what should i base my weight on(1500lb pull etc.). i think it would be usefull on the farm but wouldn't it just be the same as hooking up to the four-wheeler and pulling instead of a winch? any advice and/or pics would be greatly appriciated

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-04, 06:47 PM
CrAzYhOrSe
Visiting Guest
For farming, I'd say no. But I am not a farmer. But I know several who are. Well, cattle and such. Some with gardens. None of them have a winch. It would come in handy if you get stuck in the mud. I have a 4x4 with winch, a new purchase. I was told by my kin folks that it is needed if your gonna hit the trails for fun or deep woods hunting. I have yet to use mine. For me 4x4ing is only a hobby.

Old 08-17-04, 03:49 AM
I use my quad for farm and ranch duty and I've used the Winch hundreds of times. If you get a snow plow for it, for example, the winch is a built-in blade lift. I've used it to hoist, to get unstuck, to drag game from the woods after a hunt, you name it. Very handy.

Old 08-22-04, 04:50 PM
yea

yea i would use it for that too, its just that i wouldn't hve to use a snow plow in south texas. it's mainly the prices that are deffering me now.

Old 08-22-04, 06:28 PM
MBrooks
Visiting Guest
They do sell light duty winches that are rated for 1,500 pounds for less than a $100. they are fine if you aren't going to be using it all the time. For the few times you may really need it, it may be worth considering.

Old 08-23-04, 05:59 AM
Dman033189
Visiting Guest
I have a 2x4 honda and I dont have a winch but most of the time I can just pick up the fourwheeler and move it and that is why I like my 2x4.