Want to make lawn mower powered chopper!!!

Old 08-08-04, 12:40 AM
ChopperEric
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Want to make lawn mower powered chopper!!!

My idea is to custom make a motorcycle frame (chopper style) and make a lawn mower engine work on it. I have been searching the internet for some time and haven't found anything yet. I know I am not the first one to come up with this idea. I was inspired to make this when I saw a "Pocket Bike" chopper but was to small for me. I'm 6'5" and weigh about 330 lbs. and would just look ridiculous on one of those. I want to build it like that only a little bit bigger. I'm thinking about the size of a Ridley motorcycle. To know what I am talking about, visit ridleymotorcycles.com. Is there anyone who might know how to make a lawn mower engine or some other kind of engine to work on a this idea? Might be easier to keep the clutch above the left foot peg like on a riding lawn mower so I have gas when I let off and brakes when I push in. And to get speed, do I just reverse the pullies? Someone please help. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-05, 01:40 PM
turbo kid
Visiting Guest
one time when i was surfing the web i found a site that had plans to make a chopper like your talking about, but i cant remeber it. Take like a mountain bike, and modify the frame to hold the engine, so you have multiple gears. you'll have to lengthen the chain some. when you get that far i ll tell you how to make it into a chopper, make sure the frame is made of something you can weld