New to Karts,, need help

Old 10-02-04, 06:38 PM
Williamson
Visiting Guest
New to Karts,, need help

Hi folks. I need some help fixing a kart. I dont know much about karts or where to buy parts even. I was given a kart for free, but doesnt look like it needs alot to get going. The previous owner said they were riding it and it quit one day, so they left it in the yard for about a year. The motor turns freely and appears to have compression. Im assuming an electrical problem. All i know is it is a briggs motor, disc brake, live axle, streaker fun kart double seat. I dont know what size motor it is, the entire pull start side is missing. I have pictures of it , i dont know if you can post pictures on this board or not. I have good mechanical skills, just dont know what to fix or where to buy parts. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-04, 07:13 PM
insainity
Visiting Guest
Its most likely a 5hp.They are common on carts.But are also the same as whats on lawn mowers.
Any lawn mower repair can get parts for the engine and most likely the cart as well.Probley a good selection of used ones.And they can tell what size it is just by looking at it.

You can also search for the company that made it on the net.Thats what i did,got there number and called them.They sent me an owners maneul/parts list with part numbers and prices.

Good luck and dont get hurt!

BTW. a new engine only runs around $250 if you shop around.Lawn mower shops can be high. Rual King and TSC has the best prices here.