honda vt 750 vacum line

Old 10-02-04, 09:43 PM
jacmurr
Visiting Guest
honda vt 750 vacum line

i just put cobra exhaust pipes on and rejetted the carbs. i have one vacum hose that i can't figure where it went.the other end of the hose splits into a "y" and then to the top of each carb. can anbody help me? tia

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-04, 01:15 PM
Help us out by posting the year of your Shadow.

Sean

Old 12-15-04, 06:54 PM
The hose you are refering to is probably a vent to your carbs. You should have either 2 spigots or hoses at the bottom of the float bowls (or maybe just screws depending on the year) and you should have vent hose (either 2, one for each carb or one that gets teed to each carb like you described)

Old 04-06-08, 04:30 PM
2000 Vt750cd2

I have the same problem with the hose that tees into the top of each carb. Someone said it's a vent hose. What does that mean? Does that mean that it doesn't connect to anything and should just hang somewhere? Just wanting to get this thing put back together, please help. Thanx!

Old 04-06-08, 04:55 PM
Vent hoses

As the fuel level in the float bowls rises and falls under normal operation, we need to have this vent open to the outside air pressure to allow air to move in and out of any space within the float bowl to maintain a constant atmospheric pressure on the top of the gas in the bowl. The whole carburetor function works on pressure differences to move fuel and mix in air and deliver to the engine. The jets an orifices inside a carb are generally adjusted to work with outside atmospheric pressure. These vents allow this to happen. Many times, these vent hoses just "hang", Other times they may plug into the air box. Just use common sense and make sure they are not pinched and not touching the hot engine.

Old 04-06-08, 09:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You guys have the correct answer, but did you notice that the original post is four years old?