Motorcycles to cross stretches of frequently flooded roads

Old 10-28-04, 09:59 PM
kmthien
Visiting Guest
Red face Motorcycles to cross stretches of frequently flooded roads

Hi ,

Anyone out there can kindly assist here? Anyone know the ideas or give an idea on how to solve a problems of crossing section of roads that frequently flooded during rainning seasons. The water level could be 3" to 5" deep. The exhaust pipes could wind up but what about the engine and the spark plugs? It will certainly miss fire when water is submerged. Anyone can solve this problems? Anyone know small mechanical stuff or device can tackle this issue? Appreciate any comment or idea. Thank you !!

regards,
kmthien

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-04, 04:36 AM
Group Moderator
I've never had trouble with any motorcycle crossing water only 3-5" deep. Most bikes have about that much ground clearance under the frame/engine so most everything except the wheels should be out of the water. Just go slow so you are not splashing water up on to the engine.

I've taken dirt bikes through water 2-3 feet deep without any modifications. I just tried to keep the spark plug and air intake out of the water.

Riding through a pond or creek is one thing, flood waters can be a real monster. STAY OUT OF FLOOD WATERS. (I used to be a rescue diver which actually meant "body recovery".)