Kasea

Old 11-18-04, 12:03 PM
Kasea

Hi Dose any one know anything about this Kart it is a Kasea 150cc 2 seater
i had a customer bring one in to me and wants it to go a littel faster off the start are there any quick mods or adjustment for this model it seems to have lots of top end not much of start it is an auto trans so that may have a lot to do with it any sugestions
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-04, 06:39 PM
Group Moderator
I've never heard of it and I was about to ask if it was a 2-stroke but I did a Google.

I assume your customer doesn't want to spend much money.

It sounds like a gearing issue (lots of top end but not enough acceleration). Is the final drive through a chain and sprockets? If it is I would try changing the sprockets to a higher ratio (more reduction), but then your customer is going to complain that they don't have the top end speed that they used to.

If there is no chain drive you can get to than I'd say go to smaller tires but that will be a bit of money and again it will hurt the top end.

Old 11-19-04, 12:52 PM
yes it is chain drive i did try and explain the diferance and as you know thay dont want to lose top end either as for the tires thay did not like the small ones it it came with so thay orderd some big ones which i also tried to tll them not to so now i wll see if thay want to spen some more and do a motor swap I have a 2 stroke kawasaki 500 engine do you think it would be posable to mount and add a shifter and clutch system im sure that would be fast enough

Old 11-19-04, 04:07 PM
Group Moderator
I'm not much of a 2-stroke fan, unless you could get a nice 500cc single cylinder thumping away...

It would be nice if you could keep the gearbox currently on the cart. Do you know the engines output shaft size? Any chance you could get another engine to mount up to the existing transmission.

I suppose you could do some cheap work to their existing engine, but I'm not sure there is much you can do for low end torque (other than gearing). You could get a thinner head gasket or no head gasket (if you can get the head to seal) to boost the compression a bit. You could bolt on a larger size Tillson carb.

Old 11-19-04, 04:15 PM
there some nice ideas i will run it across them and see what thay want to do
thanks