cost of building a go kart

Old 12-02-04, 07:19 PM
criva
Visiting Guest
cost of building a go kart

my and a friend are considering building a go kart for our senior project and were wondering what the cost might be to start from scratch. we arnt planing on anyhting too spectacular just a decent go kart. we dont need this to be top of the line we are planign on getting used parts. we also need some plans. if anyone could point us in the right direction for cost of a project like this and good plans, would be very helpfull. thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-04, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the site.

The cost of building the cart is really up to you, the more money you spend the better the results. Do some research on the internet and try and find a rolling chassis or an engine to start with. Price shop as you would if you were buying a used car and you will soon find out how much things are going to cost and you can plan accordingly. The design of carts vary so much that you can spend hundreds or thousands on building one. Ask yourself "what do I have to have in my cart?" and "what would be nice to have?" PLan everything out and take your time building, it will be a fun learning experience. Enjoy, and keep us posted. Sean

Old 12-05-04, 02:54 PM
LimaBlu
Visiting Guest
Hi Criva,
I'm also in the process of building my first go-cart. Although I'm no expert here, what I've found useful to help determine cost and to find parts is to search ebay. Try looking on ebay motors at : http://motors.search.ebay.com/_Go-Ka...QsosortorderZ2

Go luck