old go-kart renevation

Old 04-10-05, 12:59 PM
dan_11
Visiting Guest
old go-kart renevation

hey guys and girls,
i have an old manco go-kart out in my barn that hasn't worked in a while, maybe 97 or 98 the engine quit working. i wanted to strip it down to the frame, and make it into a kart that will go 30-50 at tops. i just thought i should ask if it can be done by someone who has no access to a welder and stuff like that. i just want to be able to buy the parts for it, put them on there and have it go. what parts do you think i would need for this project? i need new tires and an engine that works first of all, im pretty sure everything else is in good condition. could i just buy an engine and tires and have it go that fast? just tell me the parts i would need and it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Old 04-10-05, 03:06 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
depending on the condition of the kart as it is, that might be all you need, that might be the least you need. But if you have access tools such as sockets and wrenches, you should be good.

Old 04-10-05, 04:07 PM
dan_11
Visiting Guest
ok thanks, anyone else have any opinions? i want to get as many as possible. the motor on it is a brigs 5hp motor, the pull start is broken(broke off) is there any way i can fix that motorand make it go faster than it did when it worked? and also, what engine would you reccomend, ive been looking at some 6.5 and some 9 horsepower engines, does briggs make any that highpowered

Last edited by dan_11; 04-10-05 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-11-05, 07:20 PM
bigboystoys
Visiting Guest
if i were u i would swap out the motor for a honda i had a gx390 on
one of my old carts its a 13 horse i never had problems with it
but yes briggs does make big engines if u have any questions about setup
feel free to write me at superfreakfreak@hotmail.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question