Honda Magna 1983-750cc/running problems

Old 04-27-05, 02:41 PM
asi
Question Honda Magna 1983-750cc/running problems

I have Honda-Magna-750cc which I did not use it for few months.

I charged the battery and tried to start it. It cranks up with one push and choke was up all the way.

After it warms up, I tried to decrease the choke up engine dies up. I tried several times but it did not work.

I tried to run the bike with choke on and it was running fine. But I only ran 1 block with a speed of 5 miles per hour.

I let it more warm but this time I was not able to run the bike even with choke up. Bike was not so hot and it was away from the dangerous heating zone.

Problem: Why can't I keep engine running without choke on.

Why can't I run the bike even with choke on?

I would appreciate if some one could share their experience.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-05, 12:39 PM
Maybe an air leak between the carb(s) and engine. Try spraying some "carb and choke" cleaner around the carbs when you get it running. If the idle changes you probably need to replace the gasket between carb and cylinder.

Old 05-02-05, 10:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Had an '84 Magna V-30 with similar problems. Boiled down to a carb overhaul on all four carbs.
You might try a strong carb cleaner. I had luck with Yamaha carb cleaner. May take several applications and plenty of soak time, but it cured mine the second time the carbs gummed up. In the future, make sure that you use gas stabilizer over winter and maybe add a little carb cleaner to the gas in the summer.

Old 05-19-05, 05:13 PM
asi
Problem solved

I leaked CARBS, added Yamaha fuel system cleaner and let is stay for 48 hours. After that bike was like new one. No problem at all.

I would like to thank board member and esp. Nelson ([email protected]), he is known as Elso on this forum. I got to know Nelson via this forum and we talked over many emails to solve this issue. Reason it took a while for me to figure it out was I did not know where are CARBS are and how does they look like, how to leak them? He took lot of time to answer my questions and even sent me a picture of my bike/CARBS so that I know what to look. He was working in the motorbike workshop business for years and he knows the science behind it as well. Thank you Nelson for helping me out.

Last edited by asi; 05-19-05 at 05:25 PM.