Where is the Fuel Filter on a 2001 CBR 600 f4i?

Old 07-06-05, 11:27 AM
clashcityrkr83
Visiting Guest
Where is the Fuel Filter on a 2001 CBR 600 f4i?

Where exactly is the fuel filter on a 2001 CBR f4i? i don't know what it looks like or where to find it but i think it is clogged and is the reason why my bike won't start so i need to find it and check it out.

cheers,
darren

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-05, 12:53 PM
is this a motocross bike (or dirtbike)? if so, you should be able to find the hose that comes from the bottom of the fuel tank. follow this hose the best you can and you should find the filter. this site has a picture of a fuel filter for an ATV but it will look similar on your bike. http://www.hyperparts.com/atvfuelfilters.htm it is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long.

Old 07-19-05, 06:00 AM
THe fuel filter is located under the fuel tank on the back side of the carbs or throttle bodies (I cannot remember when Honda switched over) but I doubt that this is your non start problem

Old 07-19-05, 02:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the fuel pump and a small filter element are inside the fuel tank. There may also be an inline fuel filter under the tank.

There is usually only a very slim chance that a clogged fuel filter is the problem.

With the key in the on position, flip the kill switch from 'Off' to 'Run' - do you hear the faint whirring sound of the fuel pump priming?

Is the motor turning over fine but just won't start? Has the bike been sitting for a long time? Is the battery fresh?