custom offroad kart

Old 07-19-05, 07:15 PM
triton
Visiting Guest
custom offroad kart

i just typed a big ol' long thread about my plans and whatnot but i wasnt logged in (i was before but it forgot?) so here it goes AGAIN. i am designing a custom offroad gokart using most of a 4wheeler. i will cut off the front 1/3 of the 4wheeler, make it wider, build a widened and lengtheded frame center then attach it to the rear 2/3 of the atv. i am looking for a 4wheeler without an engine for very cheap in southeast iowa. i also want this cart to be fast so i was thinking of an engine between 200-500cc. i have most of the basic design worked out and just wanted to know what you people think of my idea! just for your info i am 16 and love designing weird things like that, although i cant ever afford to make them oh well, i hope i am welcome here! i also apologize for this post being kind of abrupt, i didnt want to type it all over again in the same detail as before! it was too long and wordy, i hope i got my basic design idea across

Last edited by triton; 07-19-05 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-05, 09:55 PM
crazybiker51
Visiting Guest
i am in the process of one also, just have to get my engine to spark! haha, it's a kart with 22 inch quad tires on the back(havent bought fronts yet) the back end is bombproof, 4 flange bearings holding the axel, the front end has indapendant suspension design, and all is beefed up with skid plates etc, there are 6 bushings i made on both sides for the a-arms, (brass bushings machined, and pressed into a pipe) and the front spindles are very beefed up, with a hub assembly welded to it, i will have to posts pictures pretty quick, it's a fun project of mine, but im stuck at the engine at the moment good luck with yours, your more into chopping something, and making stuff out of it, thats awesome, alot easier also.

Old 07-21-05, 02:27 PM
triton
Visiting Guest
yeah, if i can find a workable VERY cheap atv to disect it will be a very nice project. i hope i can find a motor too (i am looking for a 4wheeler without one or with one that is toast, cant find one around here cheap enough to take apart and modify otherwise) i still havent decided if i am going to widen the rear end or not though. at the moment i think i wont mess with it

Old 07-30-05, 11:25 AM
triton
Visiting Guest
well, i have my design pretty much decided, i will leave the rear part of the 4wheeler alone and widen and extend the front and attach it back on, i still need to find a usable 4wheeler to use and an engine, i doubt it will get built anytime soon so dont expect many updates