4wheeler bogs when taking off

Old 07-21-05, 05:14 PM
4wheeler bogs when taking off

the subject pretty much says it all. i had been having problems wiht my 4-wheeler and one day it just wouldn't start. my brother tried pulling it behind his truck to start it. messed up the starter. i got a used starter from a dealer and put it on and it clicked. i thought starter relay was bad but long story short i had hooked up the wires backwards on the starter. (how the he** do i do that i dont know, but it happened. i'm really not that stupid). because it was hooked up backwards, it fried my CDI unit. i took it to a repair shop to get that replaced and to get my charging system and my electrical system checked. they replaced it and got it running and replaced the spark plug for good measure. it had been running OK since i got it for a few days and then it was real hard to start. i put that off and tore it apart to paint rusty suspension and frame parts. everything is back together now and i was working to get it running and couldn't. took spark plug out and tested the plug. no spark. tested the plug wire and it had good spark. took an old plug out of a yamaha my brother had and put it in and it fired up better then it ever had. since i had gotten it back it has been bogging down when i take off. it seems like a certain part of the throttle is the only place where it bogs. but it does it in any gear but only at that rpm range. what could this possibly be? running rich?lean? does anyone know which screw to turn on the carb to adjust it? the 4wheeler is stated below in my signiture. please help. pictures at http://community.webshots.com/myphot...umID=399217220. if signiture does not show, it is a 98 Suzuki King Quad 300 4x4.

Last edited by mancoowner; 07-21-05 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added link
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-05, 06:42 AM
A guy that i used to work for had the same fourwheeler only it was and older one than that. But then I got fired. Well he would let me drive to from work and whenever i would take off it would always bog down. I tried everything i could think of, then had my dad try tuning the carb and nothing worked. I still have have yet to know if the guy got it fixed. If yours has the different ranges, ithink they are super low, low ,and high, see if it will do it while in super low. If not then try low, if not try high. More likely than not it will only happen in low and high.

Old 07-23-05, 07:58 PM
it does it in all ranges. makes it hard to climb hills and do some rock crawlin. but i drove it after i typed that first post and it had cooled down and it fired up perfectly the very first try and didn't bog down but i have a feeling it will when it gets warmed up. what does this sound like????