What to do? Misrepresented Scooter

Old 07-28-05, 07:34 AM
toothfairy
Visiting Guest
Angry What to do? Misrepresented Scooter

undefinedundefined
I baught a restored 1980 P150X Vespa from Ca. with free shipping except for $200 extra for crating. Ad said restored here in States. Paid $2800 for scooter. When received it looks just wonderful, but will not run and supposedly original owner is sending a new carberator as per the add said that if anything did fail within 90 days he would replace at no cost to me. It has been a week and no carb and no answer to emails. He also stated in his ad that if I was not happy with scooter that I could return it for a refund.
Had to get DMV in Ca. to go to his place of business to prod him for paperwork. Finally received registration, and title. However, the reg. & title do not enclude the most important prefix letters that authenticate the frame as authentic, has only the numbers. Anyone knows that owns a vespa that these letters are important. They are not readable on the restored frame.
I want my money back in full and really do not want to have to pay $500 to send it back. What are my legal options in this matter.

toothfairy

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-05, 06:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You could try the law forum sub section of the real estate and finance section of this web site. Better yet, speak with an attorney .
As to getting your money back, don't hold your breath unless you look good in blue. G L