Kart Transmission

Old 08-02-05, 04:44 PM
JakeRogers
Visiting Guest
Kart Transmission

Has anyone seen or used the Tecumseh 850 Series Kart transmission? It is available with two foward gears and a reverse. There is a picture on their website, but it does not show how it connects to the engine. I am hoping that someone can give me some more detailed info on how it connects to the engine.

http://www.tecumsehpower.com/framese...owertrains.php

Thanks

Old 08-02-05, 05:53 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
I have never seen that before. It looks interesting.

From the link you provided it looks like the transmission is sold with the engine so connecting it to the engine might not be an issue. I'd imagine that Tecumseh is marketing it to O.E.M.'s

The engine in the picture is horizontal shaft, and the transmission looks like a standard Peerless style which normally has a vertical input shaft, so I don't know how they are connected. I'd assume it's a new product.

Old 08-02-05, 06:27 PM
JakeRogers
Visiting Guest
If you click on the picture in the link it will open a pdf with the specs.

None of the dealers I have talked to know anything about it, but I sent a request to a distributor in my area for information about the coupling of the engine to the transmission, and how I can get my hands on one.

I am sure that it will work with my engine because the specs say that it is for my engine, but I would like to know if there are options in the inital gearing from the engine to the transmission.

If it's not too expensive, and available to the consumer, I am going to put it on an off road kart. It looks like it would be more durable than anything else I have seen or tried.

I was just hoping someone here might have had experience with it.

Old 08-02-05, 09:18 PM
crazybiker51
Visiting Guest
http://www.tecumsehpower.com/framese...ider/index.php
Heres the horizontal shaft engine, it looks like thats the only way to go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question