3.75 Briggs and Stratton Go-kart help.

Old 08-17-05, 08:14 PM
shafferr
Visiting Guest
3.75 Briggs and Stratton Go-kart help.

Hi I'm Shafferr.

I need some help making a go-kart out of a 3.75 Briggs and Stratton. I already have the frame but it is for a horizonal Motor I need to know how to convert it to hold a vertical and some help seting it up.

Please help me I am doing this for my cousin's birthday he's 11.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-05, 05:28 PM
Group Moderator
I would not spend the time trying to make a vertical shaft engine (like from a push lawn mower) work in a go cart. I would spend my time looking for a horizontal shaft engine.

You may have a free engine but it is just the wrong type for a go cart. Go carts are designed to have a horizontal shaft engine. You can spend some time and money making your vertical shaft engine work. It is possible, but for less time and money you could get a horizontal shaft engine.

Old 08-29-05, 04:40 PM
If your near NJ I can hook you up with a 3.5. I have about 4 that are nearly brand new, 100 takes any one of them. I also have another for 80, and a 3hp for 50.

Look for a horizontal shaft engine, because Even if you do make brakcets to mount your current engine to be oriented the way you want, You will need to open it up and replace the dipper in it, otherwise, it wont get adequate luberication.

Jim