The Engines Govenor

Old 11-25-05, 02:53 PM
disasterous
Visiting Guest
The Engines Govenor

can someone tell me where the governor is located or possibly located on my go carts engine and how do i get to it. someone told me its by a black box with a screw and to take it off then follow a throttle cable to another screw but no lck.. there are lioke 5 screws and im getting very confused on this governor thing. ive looked where there may be a governor but i never did succeed in finding it. help

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-05, 06:11 PM
needfor speed
Visiting Guest
Exclamation governor

Originally Posted by disasterous
can someone tell me where the governor is located or possibly located on my go carts engine and how do i get to it. someone told me its by a black box with a screw and to take it off then follow a throttle cable to another screw but no lck.. there are lioke 5 screws and im getting very confused on this governor thing. ive looked where there may be a governor but i never did succeed in finding it. help
Ok look take of the black box(air filter) if you have a person with you tell them to hit the throttle full and you should see a screw thats stoping it from going to fast simply screw it to the left for it to go faster if you want screw it to the right to go slower thats how you do it from dan

Old 11-26-05, 11:08 PM
if its running alright.....i'd just leave it alone unless you want to slow it down. the governor should be on the back, the governor is a long arm, going into the engine, it does what its named, governs the engine. probablly is right on the bottom.