Homemade Plow

Old 12-18-05, 09:27 AM
Homemade Plow

I would like to know if anyone has any templates or anything of the such for haomade plows. Welding is not a problem for me and I can get hold of metal easily. I will accept templates for any type of plow. I would prefer a tepmlate of a straight blade and of the plows like what the state crews use, short on leading side and tall on the following side. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-05, 05:11 PM
Isn't anyone going to help me out here?

Old 12-20-05, 03:45 PM
ok, i'll bite.. how big and what are you going to attach it to ? how are you going to lift and lower, and do you want it to pivot. i have an old power wagon with a plow that is fairly simple compared to the new ones. just curved 3/16 plate with 1 1/2" angle on the backside. 3/8 wear plate.

Old 12-20-05, 04:47 PM
I will take anything from 40" wide to 48" wide. i am going to be mounting it to my 110 John Deere, Going to lift it with the deck lift handle thing on the side, It could pivot, doesn't have to, I just need to make sure that it can angle quite a bit.

Old 12-21-05, 06:27 AM
you don't need the sloped design. that's for hi speed throwing of the snow. you will need to attach the plow somewhere below and behind the engine on pivots. the plow needs to pivot at the point is is connected to the subframe so it can ride over , or "tilt" over any obstructions. i don't have any illustrations but you might check out some sites like toro, mtd, deere. etc. i made one for a toro dingo but i used a toro oem plow blade modified to fit the quick connect dingo system. the plow was originally for a 500 series lawn tractor. works great

Old 12-22-05, 03:58 PM
This tractor also is wuite a high speed thing, atleast 15 mph. Well, atleast fast for a tractor. And it will be used for plowing a long stretch of lane.