carb prob on ski-doo

Old 12-20-05, 05:23 PM
carb prob on ski-doo

Have a 93 skandic 377 started it this year and fuel started pouring from right carb even when I turned off ,finally got it to stop by pinching fuel line.Now machine will not idle even when warm,it also runs slow untill good and warm then rev's up and slows down almost like going from half thottle to full then dropping back even while held wide open,this goes on for 5-10 min then it settles down amd runs good.Would also like to know if float should be set pararell with carb body??

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-05, 07:23 PM
yes on the float, but it sounds like it could be a couple problems, float has a hole in it, sinking letting fuel flow, or the inlet needle and or seat needs replacing.

Old 12-21-05, 03:53 AM
spike69189
Visiting Guest
couldnt you try and clean the float and all the componets with it? maybe it is just sticking. when my lawnmower float was sticking it was dumping fule all over.

Old 12-21-05, 05:45 AM
I am gonna try givin it a good cleaning,could other prob be caused by sticky float?? --->>Now machine will not idle even when warm,it also runs slow untill good and warm then rev's up and slows down almost like going from half thottle to full then dropping back even while held wide open,this goes on for 5-10 min then it settles down amd runs good

Old 12-21-05, 07:56 PM
Idle screws r set a 1 turn I want to turn up idle do i adjust screws in or out?? or is their another way to speed up idle??