125cc Gokart Methanol Carb

Old 02-21-06, 12:27 AM
125cc Gokart Methanol Carb

I want to run Methanol on my 2001 Kasea Adventure Buggy (125cc). So I need to know where I can get a carb so I can run Methanol. I also need to know what else "needs" to be done to the motor to be able to handle running on Methanol. Also, How can I buy Methanol, and how much does it cost?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-06, 05:58 AM
diagnosticmonke
Visiting Guest
Talking Got Meth ???

We run meth in our kart engines.It sounds like this is a two-cycle ?? Do you mix the gas or is it injected ?? Most racing Kart shops sell bean oil that mixes with the meth, also will be able to supply you with all the meth you need and info there in. After boring our carbs to legal limit our rule of thumb is to start with a main jet 2.3 times the size as the original. Idle jet normally .7 times the size of the original. Then by reading the spark plug and using our flow bench, we increase or decrease the size as needed. One can use original carburetor simply by playing with different jet sizes. The other option is burning av-gas or racing fuel from say KLOTZ or other distributors, usually found in the phone book. We run the 108 purple in our bikes and its great stuff. Also get yourself a handful of jets and a good set of micro-drill bits, that oughta keep you busy for a while trying to figure out the right recipe. Happy Trails Of course with gas prices being what they are, a gallon of meth costs no more now than a gallon of Premium and burns cooler.

Old 02-21-06, 06:20 AM
you may be able to modify your carb. the main jet will have to be apx twice as large on methanol. some fuel components don't like methanol, and it will attract and absorb water. we used to run a small fuel cell with gas to flush out the metahanol after a race. you may also find it easier to start the engine on gasoline sprayed into the carb. good luck

Old 02-21-06, 10:28 AM
Basicly I want to be able to get a few extra HP, And i thought running Methanol would be a good idea.
Thanks for the help you guys!

Old 02-21-06, 07:06 PM
Are there any other ways I could bump up the HP on a small motor like this, without replacing the motor. Like different intake, exhaust, or electrical upgrades. Im "guesing" the motor is about 11-13 hp rite now. And tops out at 40mph. I want to be able to make it up to 60-65mph. Rite about there. Im up for anything, as long as I wont need to replace the entire motor.

Old 02-21-06, 07:24 PM
please excuse my ignorance. is the motor a 2 or 4 stroke ? also, have you done anything to it yet ?
can you tell us what carb is on it now, and exaust ? what is the drivetrain configuration ?

Old 02-21-06, 10:31 PM
Its a 4 stroke, Its up at my cabin, so I wont be able to check it all out until this summer. Its a 2001 Kasea Adventure Buggy. 125cc, 4 stroke, single seater, chain driven, tops out at 40mph. Is there anythin to Increase power, intake, exhaust, anything?

Old 02-22-06, 06:00 AM
i don't know what parts if any are available for the motor. a light porting job, better exaust. boring won't be worth it unless you can get a piston with a higher compression ratio. larger carb will make it run like crap unless you can actually burn the increased fuel flow, and it will kill the low end. you could gain some top end at the cost of low end by installing a smaller driven sprocket or larger drive sprocket. increasing one tooth on the drive is about the same as decreasing by three on the driven. i would try that first as you can always undo it easily.

Old 02-25-06, 06:49 AM
Being a 4-stroke, you likely aren't going to have the necessary compression ratio to burn meth. This engine likely has a ratio of around 8:1 and you'll need to be around 12:1 (minimum) to run methanol. I'd suggest runnin VP or Cam2 with a octane rating of 100-103 and using a cooler spark plug and then changing the drive ratio to obtain your desired ground speed.