Go kart Frame again

Old 04-04-06, 06:50 PM
Go kart Frame again

Wondering if i'm going to buy this kart frame...http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?shop=1...thumbval=thumb Then should i consider installing my own suspension? I plan on using it in pavement and mostly some what level terrain. The frame already costs about $160 and i will probably only be wanting to spend no more than $300 on the rest of it. Would suspension be more of a luxury or a nessecity? Also would it increase power to go with a torque converter or go with the centrifugal clutch? Just send me your thoughts and opions on the subject.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-06, 06:44 AM
Kart

Hi, With a budget of around 500.00 and 160.00 already spent on the frame torque converters, suspenion, and differential are out of the question. Just the parts you will need for the frame will put you over budget. {Seat, steering wheel, axle, brakes, bearings, wheels, tires, clutch, chain, chain gaurd, sprocket, ect.}.
For the money you want to spend your best bet is to buy a complete kit and modify it at a future date when you have more money to invest in it.
For a nice kit check out this site. I have been building karts and mini bikes for years and they are not cheap when you have to pay retail for everything.
http://www.mfgsupply.com/GoMiniKits....on_id=2PmRjbev
Best regards, Jeff Z.

Last edited by Jeff Z; 04-05-06 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-05-06, 07:02 AM
Kart

Hi, I forgot to mention that I bought a kart very similar to the one I posted for you. I modified it with 1" live axles, differential, torque converter, disk brakes and bigger tires and these modifications put me well over $500.00.
Best regards, Jeff Z.

Old 04-05-06, 06:38 PM
i am just interested, what is your end use for this project, racing, or just playing around? btw i fought myself from answering this post.

barry

Old 04-06-06, 03:44 PM
Well brent i would mostly just use it for playing around with and just as a project. I will have some down time from sports this summer and wanted to do something fun. And i have a interest in motors and building stuff, so my friend and me are going to build a go cart.

Old 04-06-06, 06:11 PM
Parts cost could go down quite a bit of you improvised and modified parts from other motorized things, suchs as snowblowers and old ride on mowers. You could look around and most likely find an old lawnmower for free. The junkyard is a good source too.

Old 04-13-06, 03:40 PM
So your telling me i could find the pieces to build a durable go kart frame for less with parts from riding mowers? i'm not sure if i could use anything but the wheels, breaking, and steering?

Old 04-13-06, 06:01 PM
Kart Frame

I don't know of any parts from a mower that I would use on a kart.
Jeff Z.