Harley vs. Victory ?

Old 04-28-06, 05:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Question Harley vs. Victory ?

Looks like I'm in the wrong place to ask about harley's and Victory motorcycles... this looks to be 2 cycle strange carts... anyway, wondered if anyone knew exactly what a Victory motorcycle was? I've always had Harley's, but.. they seem to be going the way of the "yuppie" and I'm tired of their "my motorcyle is shinier than yours" attitudes... so, I've seen this Victory in adds and was just wondering what it was about?.. thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-06, 06:35 AM
If you type "Victory motorcycle" into your searchbar, you will get lots of info including a link to reviews from owners. I agree that Harley is catering to the Yuppies who are getting to be the only ones who can afford them. I prefer the Goldwings myself. Built in Marysville Ohio so you can't call them a total riceburner.

Old 04-28-06, 07:02 AM
Hi, If your bike shopping don't overlook the Triumph America,
Best regards, Jeff Z.

Old 04-29-06, 05:32 PM
I still look serious at the gold wing.. my buddy has one.. they are no slouch in any fashion of the word.. had a triumph many years ago, the "trident"... kick butt scooter for sure.. I am shopping, and will probably go out and test drive all of these.. which will totally confuse my decision because they are all great bikes.. lottery, where the devil are you when I need you..?

Old 04-29-06, 08:11 PM
jrn
Polaris

Victory is what Polaris calls their motorcylces. They have been building them for about 8 years and they get better every year. They have teamed with famed builder Arlen Ness for design cues and a signature series. Lots of chrome and features off the floor, alot of bike for the money imo, but will they hold their value like a Harley?? If and whnn i get a new bike they will be on my short list for test rides. Americanmade and about $6000 less than a Harley I got ride one. If they don't tickle my fancy, then a Softail Deluxe it is!

Old 04-30-06, 05:29 AM
Indian still makes a cool bike and is held in high regaurds with the old Harley guys. http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Here is Victories site. They do have some cool bikes. http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory/

Old 04-30-06, 09:01 AM
jrn
Indians

You'll be waiting for the indians for a little bit yet. They folded on 2004 trying to sell Harley clones for even more money. They are reorganizing and studying their target market and supposedly will reemerge in 2007.

here's their last report.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/Indi...Jan_1_2006.pdf

Old 04-30-06, 09:40 AM
Another bike you may want to check out is the Honda VTX. You pick the frame style and then you can choose a bunch of colors and styles for the fenders and such.

Old 04-30-06, 11:40 AM
I looked at the Indian briefly.. very brief in fact.. the price was totally out of line.. kind of like what Harley is doing to itself! Too bad to, you take the real bike lovers out of the ride and what do you have left? celebrities, doctors, lawyers, dentists, and other people that "money" is status... fortunately there are still a lot of really fine motorcycles out there that, even overpriced, aren't up in the big buck regime..

Old 04-30-06, 04:13 PM
If the Polaris 4 wheelers are any indication on the performance of their Victory motorcycles, I'd buy one