Honda Wet clutch

Old 08-08-06, 12:15 AM
jpotts461
Visiting Guest
Honda Wet clutch

I am new to the cart world. Raced a bunch of things in my life and now its a start at carts. I bought an ebay special honda 5.5 with a 2 to 1 wet clutch. He sent the parts to fix it but I cannot seem to find a link of an exploded assembly. I kind of just hate to go straight in. Any help or direction would be appreciated. I do not even know what type of fluid it takes.

Old 08-08-06, 08:37 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi, The engine you have is a great go-kart engine. The clutch is real simple. Your local Honda dealer can show you the breakdown of the clutch from their books. No special fluid needed. Just fill the crankcase with motor oil that Honda states in their manual or see you dealer for the right oil. Any lawn and garden dealer who sells Honda products can help you out.
Best regards, Jeff Z.

Old 08-08-06, 12:36 PM
jpotts461
Visiting Guest
wet clutch

Ok, I was looking for some online resources. I found mfrs parts break down on everything but Honda. Honda looks pretty straight forward. I plan on a street/track and a offroad cart. Now for one more question drive: belt or chain? Are there any racing forums out there?

Old 08-08-06, 01:49 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi, Just do a search on Google for Go Kart Racing Forums.
You should find more than you can read.

I would go with a chain. I think you might find a live axle with a differential would be the way to go.

Best regards, Jeff Z.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question