lawn mower problem

Old 09-11-06, 08:07 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lawn mower problem

my lawn mower runs for about 45 minutes then sputters and cuts out. I can restart it but it only runs for a few seconds and stops again. If I leave it overnight it does the same thing the next day. It's a sears craftsman. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-06, 02:29 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 478 Votes on 439 Posts
Tell us more about the mower. Saying it's a Craftsman does not help too much. Is it a push mower or a rider, what engine does it have?

First I'd try loosening the gas cap and see if it still happens.

Old 09-11-06, 03:51 PM
L
id have to agree with dane and if thats the problem then remove the rubber casket in the gascap. if that doesnt do it check the oil and even add some or change it if you have the time. let us know whats up with it

Old 09-30-06, 12:56 PM
S
Lawn mower problems

If this is a push mower, than you may need a new carburator. I just had a similar problem on a 4.0 HP push mower. After taking the carburator off, and finding that the intake manifold was broken (cracked), replacing the intake manifold, I still had to replace the carburator. I had previously replaced the spark plug with no difference. Once I finally replaced the carburator, it started and continued to run with no problems.