Suzuki Vinson sub tranny

Old 10-02-06, 07:41 AM
Red face Suzuki Vinson sub tranny

I have an 05 Vinson with a transfer case problem. I shift into low range 4wd and the ATV wil not move at all, but it functions fine in high range 4wd and in 2wd.
Now I am trying to put it back together. I have all of the parts and bolts labeled so I know what goes where as well as using video and pictures of the disassembly so it goes back together right. However, I cannot figure out how to get the shift fork alignment pin back into the shifter arm cam.
Any ideas?

Alternately I am going to surf the forums here and try to offer advise in fields I am well versed in. Hope someone on here extends the same courtesy and helps bail me out of this jam.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-06, 02:46 PM
ah Ha!

I figured out not only how to get the case back together but also what is wrong with the low range as well.

I got the case back together by pushing the front gear shift shaft throught the 1/2 case of the sub tranny, thus leaving the shift alignment pin installed into the shift fork, then fed the gear shaft through the front housing and put it all back together.

It was at that point that I remembered a snap ring that seemed to be discolored and bent from heat stress. A quick search and phone call led me to find out that the gear that the snap ring holds into place has a bushing and bearing on the inside diameter that sometimes seizes. I started taking it all back apart and sure enough that was the problem. Now the next step in the puzzle is finding out how to get the seized bushing and gear off of the shaft so I can replace it.

More to come.