Looking for a Riding Snow Blower or Scooper

Old 11-04-06, 02:02 PM
Smile Looking for a Riding Snow Blower or Scooper

Like in a riding lawn mower, I want a riding snow blower or hydraulic scooper. Preferably made by Yardman, but whatever someone thinks has worked for them. Can anyone give me good suggestions? Someone said that the ATVs are good. I am looking at price and function. But most of all I need one I can ride on and preferably it has 4-wheel drive. My driveway is steep and I need to get to the top of it to work 8-feet berms. I would hate to have to buy chains to put on it.

Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-06, 03:25 AM
Do you mean berms eight feet tall????
Mike

Old 01-22-09, 02:00 PM
If you have 8 foot berms you will need more than a ATV to work it. We move 8 foot berms with large loaders or large blowers 3 times the size or bigger than an ATV. An ATV size blower will do up to a 3 foot berm and three feet is rather hard to do because the blower just barely lifts high enough. You will have to attack your berm before you get past 3feet with an ATV blower. John Deer makes a blower attachment that goes on the front of its smaller loader tracter that works real good. You remove the front bucket on the loader and attach the blower. This has worked very good on our berms up to and higher than 8 feet because you can lift it high enough to work your way down as you attack the berm. Also if you are working an up hill or down hill driveway you can tilt the blower forward or back too stay level with the surface. Great piece of equipment but rather costly.

Old 01-23-09, 05:47 AM
Group Moderator
What is your budget? Keep in mind that Yard-man is light duty grade and is some of the lowest priced equipment available. I do not think any of their lawn mowers are available with 4 wheel drive or snowblower.

When you talk about doing commercial sized work, 4wd and a front end loader you are moving up into a totally different class of equipment. Prepare yourself for costs 10 times higher than Yardman. You might want to start looking at John Deere, Kubota, New Holland...