snapper racer???

Old 11-27-06, 02:11 PM
snapper racer???

has anyone ever converted a TORO snapper into a racing lawnmower i car get one and i wanna make it into a racing mower or go cart. just to keep me occupied over the winter.
has anyone ever modded one.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-06, 02:17 PM
an 80's snapper

Old 11-27-06, 02:23 PM
after looking elsewere i noticed that im not nearly specifie enough so.
its an 80's toro with a 12 horse rear engine
32 inch cut

Old 11-27-06, 02:25 PM
after looking elsewere i noticed that im not nearly specifie enough so.
its an 80's toro with a 12 horse rear engine
32 inch cut

i would also like to know if between the motor and the differential is belt drive?

Old 12-24-06, 10:17 AM
Is it a rear engine rider or what? You can make anything into whatever you want...it just takes thinking, plans, and money. I am currently building a racing tractor with a 1985 220x threewheelr motor and rear swing arm. A 250r front suspension, steering and brakes, and a john deere 60 lawn tractor body...so far i am up to somewhere around $1000 and almost a year wrapped up into it. The frame is built out of 1 1/2" OD square tubing with 1/8" wall.

Old 12-24-06, 02:45 PM
Group Moderator
Speeddrivenkid is correct. You can do whatever you want with the Snapper. It is probably not the best for a racer or go cart but you work with what you've got.

Your mower does not have a lot of frame so it can only handle so much power & abuse and most of the weight is over the rear end so it will not handle too well at higher speeds.

You could use the drivetrain and build a new frame to make it more go cart like. If you want to go cheap you can put larger wheels & tires on it. This will make it faster and provide a bit of cushion to the ride (at the cost of raising your center of gravity so it will tip over easier). I can't remember the drive system but repalacing pulleys/sprockets is an easy way to go faster. You want to go with a bigger pulley/sproket on the engine and a smaller one on the axel to go faster.