1990 suzuki ATV LT80L

Old 01-08-07, 02:15 PM
1990 suzuki ATV LT80L

could any one explaine how the crankshaft on this ATV gets lubricant, there is no drain plug or fill plug.that i can see. i have removed all plastic covers,but cant find a fill plug.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-07, 10:21 AM
This quad has a 2-cycle engine that is lubed by an auto injector. The bottle that holds the oil is under the seat. Just make sure the bottle has oil in it.

Old 01-10-07, 10:50 AM
1990 suzuki ATV LT80L

thanks for reply,i know the oil tank is in place, but i dont know how that lubs the crankshaft. the reason im asking is after installing new rings and driving a shot distance the atv stalled out. i found junk in carb and cleaned it out. it had flooded real bad and im worried the bearings on crankshaft are dried out as it sounds like it is straining to start.

Old 01-10-07, 03:48 PM
The injectalube introduces the oil that lubes the crank after the carburetor. Most of the mixing of the fuel and oil takes place in the crankcase. then it would go through the ports in the side of the cylinder to the combustion chamber for burning.

If you have an excessive amount of raw gas in the crankcase in a flooded condition, without the engine running which in turn would run the injectalube for the oil, you may have washed the oil off the cylinder walls. That's probably where the seizing would occur. The needle bearings on the crank would be damaged later.

It would all depend how much raw gasoline went into the crank. However, you aren't the first one with a leaky float valve on a two stroke. I wouldn't say that everytime it has happened, the engine was ruined.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 01-10-07, 04:57 PM
It sounds like the carb is dirty. I have worked on several of the lt80's. Most of the time, it's a dirty carb. Check and make sure the fuel lines are on right. The fuel **** runs on a vacume and if the lines are not on right, it won't get enough fuel to the carb.