1999 Polaris Explorer 300 4x4

Old 01-15-07, 09:46 PM
Unhappy 1999 Polaris Explorer 300 4x4

Hello, I just bought my first 4 wheeler!! Only ever rode 2 before! I knew I would love riding it and I do! Been riding cycles for over 20 years now and figured I would love one. Anyhow, being that someone might be familar with the Polaris traits I thought if anyone might know why it sometimes stalls for no reason and then either won't start or is hard starting. I was driving it around and it just quit, for no apparent reason? Was running good, not bogging down or nothing and it just quit! It has done this twice today and sometimes I can't get it to start!? I went out to show my girlfriend my "new" four wheeler and the old junker wouldn't start!!!??? I went back out about a half an hour later and it fired right up!!?? I didn't attempt riding it as it was too late. I bought this from a Polaris dealer and I do have a warantee that hopefully will cover this! It's only a 30 day warrantee so I need to figure out what's wrong with it pretty quick!! Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! Jack

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-07, 03:11 PM
Thumbs up Update on the Polaris 300 Explorer 4x4

ok, I figured it out!! This is what happened. I bought it from the dealership and decided to ride it home. Before I left one of the employees checked the gas tank and said I had more than half. Well, he must have been mistaken, because I only had ridden like a mile when it just up and died!! Well, I trailered it home and thought it seemed as though it was out of gas, and sure enough it was!!! So, all is well now! Jack

Old 01-16-07, 08:06 PM
I'm sure you're aware of this, but most wheelers have a "main" and "reserve" positions on the fuel valve on the bottom of tank. This is so,hopefully, if you ride out a long way from the road and run out on main, you'll have enough to get back on reserve.
Mike

Old 01-16-07, 08:42 PM
Yes, I did know that but thanks anyway! I could not have! Sometimes the obvious is overlooked!! Thanks, Jack