Toro snowblower / Snow Master

Old 02-02-07, 03:55 PM
itc
Toro snowblower / Snow Master

Can anyone give me any advice regarding this older 2 cycle engine. It was working great until today when it forze up. I can no longer pull the draw string to start it. Its completely stuck. Does anyone have advice other than buy a new one? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-07, 07:15 PM
I would isolate where the "stuck" is. Make sure your drives (impeller and wheel drives if it is self propelled) are disengaged. See if the driven parts are free. Snow and freezing can bind those up.

Then if you still can't pull the engine over, you may have the pull starter stuck. The latter is unlikely, but still a possibility.

The worse case would be the engine seized at the crank or the piston to the cylinder walls. That may be the case if you didn't have a good mix of oil in the gasoline. You can check that by pulling the head if it's a bolt on and see if there's scoring of the cylinder. If this is the case, the engine would take a lot of work and money to get it back in operating condition again. Usually when a two stroke gets to that point the piston and cylinder both would have to be replaced and the crank/connecting rod would also have to be considered.

You can get an idea of cylinder scoring by taking off the muffler and looking through the port into the cylinder as well as the piston.

Hope this helps,

Bob