charging question Club car golf cart

Old 02-27-07, 05:33 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
charging question Club car golf cart

My 1997 club car golf cart quit charging, The charger,fuses and cables are all good. Please help

Old 03-19-07, 02:49 PM
D
club car charging

there might be a problem inside the charger, many times theres a diode that goes bad.
what kind of charger is it "powerwise, ect...?

Old 03-19-07, 05:40 PM
D
club car charger

The charger is good, I have two carts and it works on the other cart.

Old 03-20-07, 03:41 PM
D
club car charging

charger is ok, try to test each battery with a load tester and make sure each jumper cable has a good connection, also check the total volts (36v system) if the voltage is to low the charger will not turn on to charge the batteries, i think below 28v it will not engage to charge, try to charge two batteries at once ( which would be 12v) with a common battery charger.
do this for the remainder of the batteries and try to plug the charger back in and it should kick on. if this works, its telling you you have a bad battery in series, check each battery with a load tester.
chris

Old 03-22-07, 12:19 PM
I
I had trouble too!

Originally Posted by dukie View Post
My 1997 club car golf cart quit charging, The charger,fuses and cables are all good. Please help
I called around and found out that the Club Car has a computer chip and to activate the chip you must have a certain amount of volts in the batteries to run a diagostic check when the charger is plugged in and if there is not enough volts in batteries to run check it will not tell the charger to come on.
I had to get a batter charger and charge each of the batteries by itself and once I got 5 of them done I plugged in the battery charger and it took off and started charging.
I hope this helps you also.

Insure

Old 08-24-08, 07:31 PM
B
Angry I To Have A Battery Carger Charger Foe A Club Car

I Have A Club Car 36 Volt Dc.the Charger Is Putting Out 60volts Dc.how Do I Change It To 36 Volt Dc ?

Baby Ape

Search this Thread

Ask a Question