84 yamaha golf cart run problem

Old 06-02-07, 08:23 PM
84 yamaha golf cart run problem

My 84 yamaha turns over, gets gas to carb, fills the bowl, has good spark, but won't catch and run. If gas is introduced into air intake, it will run until that gas is used. Why won't gas get into cylinder through bowl and jets? Carb has been thoroughly cleaned and ports and needle valves are open. Does anyone has a suggestion? Thanks, Scott

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-07, 06:46 AM
Group Moderator
I'd bet you still have a problem in the carb. You might still have a bit of dirt clogging a jet or passage. Soaking the carb. will help with varnish but it cannot desolve dirt (basically rock) so it has to be mechanicaly removed by picking, poking or compressed air.

Old 06-04-07, 07:46 PM
Thanks Pilot Dane, We'll Check Further For Obstructions.

Old 06-11-07, 01:38 PM
i run into that a lot at work, there is a seal on the block around the shaft behind the clutch , when they go bad they leak air out so it won't suck any gas in the carb onless you spray it in there. some times you can take the clutch off and spray starter fluid on the seal and it will run cause it sucks air in. most places charge $100-150 to fix it. but it's only a $6 oil seal that you could change..................

Old 07-06-07, 10:46 AM
Thanks to all for your help. I finaally took it to the shop. Diagnosis was to replace carburetor and seal. I think the big thing was the carburetor. They said that it started immediately when they tried a new carburetor.