i need a sprocket!

Old 07-18-07, 06:54 AM
i need a sprocket!

I'm hoping to replace the 8-tooth sprocket (#786047) off of an old, almost-junked Craftsman 502.254172 riding mower with a 10- or 12-tooth sprocket. See part 19 at http://www.odref.com/peerless/700-SERIES/700-700-073.PDF . Note, the bore is geared, not smooth or slotted.

Any suggestions?

michael

Last edited by mheitt; 07-18-07 at 06:56 AM. Reason: forgot to request email notification
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-07, 02:46 PM
Wink just a thought...

I bought, for $100, at my local recycle center, a walk behind trencher, with fat, gnarly carbide tipped rock teeth, and i made my money back, ten or twelve-fold in the first job i did with it! the only thing that it was lacking, was the gas tank, (i use a gas can-gravity fed, to this day)and the needle-jet in the carburator. I popped into every lawnmower, small engine shop, etc., in the southern los angeles area, but to no avail. Finally, while killing time, at my grandmother's mobile home estate, I went for a walk on the golf course, and saw someone in the maintenance shop. I went to my truck and grabbed the housing, figured, what the heck, maybe this guy could get a hold of one, or tell me how to. he did one better, and said"you mean like that?", as he pointed toward a shelf, fulkl of cobwebs. sure enough, exactly, when asked if he would be willing to sell it, he replied-"take it. With any luck, anything that old will be replaced, so i shouldn't have to fix such a relic!" works like a dream! so, any where that requires upkeep of lawns, to big to push a mowere, but not big enough to require something massive, may have old, obsolete parts, in their way, also. liuke i stated earlier-just a thought on the matter of suggestion!!! and good luck to you!!!