Oil leak on 1995 G 14 A Yamaha golf cart

Old 09-26-07, 03:32 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oil leak on 1995 G 14 A Yamaha golf cart

I live in upstate NY and have stored my cart in my cold garage on blocks with the battery in my warm cellar. As a result my cart has not been started in the wintertime for the past 12 years.
A couple of days ago while gassing up I noticed oil on top of the head (I think) located directly behind and below the oil refill. I never see any oil spots on the ground in my parking space, It does bubble up from the top when the gas pedal is depressed.

Two questions and one request. 1. Could I loosen the top bolts and squeeze in gasket sealant to hopefully solve the problem?
2. If that does not work I must replace the gasket. A repairman said it would cost me 500.00 to replace the gasket. If the gasket must be replaced could someone send me detailed instructions on replacing the gasket?

Thank you
deke33@capital.net

Old 10-01-07, 04:54 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i would try and do the gasket sealer first but even tho it stops the leak eventually you will have to face the fact that you need to replce the gasket...jesus crist $500????thats wayyy to much find a different macanic the gaskets only around $6.50 to replace and its a 2or3 hr job.....ive done it...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question