Wont stay running after a few mins of riding

Old 11-22-07, 04:23 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wont stay running after a few mins of riding

I have a Manco Dingo with a Briggs & Stratton 9hp engine. It starts and runns fine but after about 5 to 10 mins of riding time it starts stalling out, and bogging. Once I let it sit for a few seconds it starts and runs fine again.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-07, 05:40 PM
M
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
When it stalls out, pull the drain on the carb float bowl. If there is fuel in the bowl, drain it completely and restart.

If the engine dies again as it has been, the problem is likely the coil. If you have a fuel delivery issue, the float bowl would be dry and you would look for fuel flow problems.

Once you have eliminated the fuel flow possibilities, the problem that most fits what you have described is the coil. They can heat up with use and start acting up. Eventually they give out altogether. A coil for that engine would run about $60.00.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 11-22-07, 10:59 PM
I'd check the vent in the fuel cap as well. Sounds like it may be clogged or otherwise blocked.

Old 12-11-07, 04:42 PM
B
It is the shut off needle that rides on the float bowl,Ive had it happen a bunch of times.Any little dirt in ther will do it ,,do you have a fuel filter????