no spark

Old 12-23-07, 10:18 AM
Question no spark

Hi I have a 1992 Arctic Cat 580EXT and it has no spark. I,ve un plug'd ignition switch jump'd the switchand still nothing. I think it's the coil but I've been told it could be the CDI box to . Oh I also put new spark plugs in and checked that they have good contact. M y question is what do I do ?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-07, 08:26 AM
If I remember right, you have to leave the ignition switch open on an Arctic Cat to run it, then you short it out to shut it off.

Also, there are ohm specs for the coil that should help to test that. I let my manual go when I sold my sled, so I'm unsure of the particulars.

Old 12-24-07, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by ___Brandon View Post
If I remember right, you have to leave the ignition switch open on an Arctic Cat to run it, then you short it out to shut it off.

Also, there are ohm specs for the coil that should help to test that. I let my manual go when I sold my sled, so I'm unsure of the particulars.
Thanks Brandon for the tip I tryed that and nothing changed so I went out and got a coil and switch . Sad part about that is nothing worked so I don't no now the only thing left is the c d I box. What do you think any other sujestions????

Old 01-11-08, 02:56 PM
I don't usually work on sleds, but I have a buddy that does. He has all kinds of complaints like this & he says most are due the the throttle switch. It's there to kill the engine if the throttle freezes. If you're cable is sticky, fix the cable, If it's O.K, locate & check the throttle switch. Good Luck, Roger

Old 09-25-12, 06:46 AM
Angry just another no spark victum

hello i have a 94 pantara efi 550 im reading this and ,,,,,day sha veiw i haveing the same no spark as every body else ,,,,, ran great last year after i changed thi cdi and the fuil pump now just trying to get it ready for this year and no spark tryed all the tip on this form and still no spark ,,,, so now my ? is dose any one know what carbs will fit a 550 with out over doing it just just use the sled for ice fishing,,,,, not in to raceing ,,, i was thinking about a 89 cougar 500 dose any one have any thing beter thanks elmer