troy-bilt snowblower

Old 02-07-08, 02:16 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
troy-bilt snowblower

I have a new troy-bilt storm 5024 208 cc,two stage snow blower. i have used it two times in the lat two weeks with out a problem. last week i tryed to use it and i couldn't keep it running. when i engaged the auger the motor would choke up and stop running. the gas tank has fresh gas so i
don't believe it's the gas ,what could it be? elevation is 6500 ft. could it be the carborator? model #31ah639n2771,serial#1k297b40532

donspot

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-08, 02:45 PM
M
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
Since you've used it without incident, now you suddenly have a problem, the elevation/carburetion wouldn't be an issue. What have you done differently between the time it was working fine and now that it isn't? Even though you have fresh gas, it still could be the problem, if you are using different gas than used when it was working.

Check to make sure the choke linkage is allowing the choke to come completely off, if the engine is blowing out black smoke = loaded up. If there isn't any black smoke and the engine is trying to die out you could have a restricted fuel flow or moisture in the fuel = ice = restriction. Try adding about two ounces of Heet (isopropyl alcohol) to the gas. If you have ice in the system it will take it out.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 02-08-08, 08:23 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check where your snowthrower auger is at the chute area. Sometimes the snow melt from the last time and freezes the auger in the round chute at the bottom. When you go to engage the auger the motor stalls out as the auger will not rotate.
Good luck.