350 Honda Rancher Wont start

Old 03-23-08, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
350 Honda Rancher Wont start

Have a 06 Honda rancher that was put up for the winter, started approx, 4 months ago just to run it and it started fine, now it won't start at all. Changed oil in it since it needed it anyway, changed spark plug and added new gas, now I'm thinking the gas may have been bad and probably just mixed bad gas and good gas. Would gas go bad that quickly???? Not really sure what to do from here, plug is firing just fine. Gas is getting to the plug "spits out of plug hole when engine rolls over during start attempts" Not sure what else to do, wont even spit or sputter, Any help would be appreciated, can't be too big a deal, just rode the thing a few months ago, it's a pretty new quad, hope I didn't get a lemon. Thanks for any help, I'm stuck

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-08, 08:13 PM
M
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
Gas over the winter could have gone bad.

Start with fresh gas in the tank. Turn off the gas from the tank, pull the plug, turn off the choke and hold the throttle on full. Turn it over about twenty times. Put about a tablespoon of new gas down the spark plug hole and put in a new plug.

Leave the choke off and try to start it with half throttle. With good spark it should take off for you. When it does, it'll die shortly. Then turn on the fuel from the tank and it should start and be Ok.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Old 03-23-08, 09:26 PM
awesome, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes. thanks for the guidance!!!

Old 03-23-08, 10:34 PM
ok, I shut gas off, turned engine over approx. 20 times, pulled plug and added new fuel in plug hole, replaced plug and it fired up for a split second. But i'm having a problem figuring out how to drain the tank, I unhooked the influent line into the carburater but it's draining REALLY slow, tank is almost full, is there a better way to drain the tank or is this it??? I'm spilling gas all over the place, this line is in a really crappy location, may be a stupid question, just wondering if there was any advice on this, figured there would be a drain on bottom of carburater but can't find one.. I can drain it this way, but it's going to take a LONG TIME going at this rate..... But i'm thinking that is the problem, bad gas, well in todays world, "bad liquid gold". Thanks for the help.

Old 03-27-08, 08:57 AM
M
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
You're half way there. See reply to your other post.

Old 03-30-08, 04:54 PM
T
rancher

also check the airbox to see it any critters built a nest in there restrickting the air flow.
If the gas is draining real slow that might be another problem.
Most carbs have a phillips screw to drain the carb bowl you should do that too, it will have old gas in it.

Old 04-14-08, 11:30 PM
O
choked

Check your choke cable mounts and choke switch mounts, if anything is loose then your choke won't operate properly and can cause it not to start