throttle cable hook up for 5 hp go-cart???

Old 03-14-08, 06:07 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
throttle cable hook up for 5 hp go-cart???

hello and thanks for all the help. i have a cart with a 5 hp b&s motor. the throttle parts i have are the pedal which is attached to a metal rod running down the body with a spring on the end. looks llike all is hooked up on the motor with one long rod hanging down the back. there is nothing in between these two connections. any help is greatly appreciated. have a great day.

Old 03-16-08, 05:51 PM
R
Originally Posted by 2944daniels
hello and thanks for all the help. i have a cart with a 5 hp b&s motor. the throttle parts i have are the pedal which is attached to a metal rod running down the body with a spring on the end. looks llike all is hooked up on the motor with one long rod hanging down the back. there is nothing in between these two connections. any help is greatly appreciated. have a great day.
You have to hook up a cable to the rod....run this to the motor...attach the cable to the linkage for the carb....when you install this cable there should be a hole to run it thru...the end of the cable is held here...depending on the type of cable...with a retaining clip....the end of the calbe with the lead ball on it is run thru another stop on the rod...that is attached to it with a circular holding set screw....when it is threaded thru...the lead end runs up against this bracket....then is threader thru the hole that is held on with the bracket with the retaining clip...if this seems like it is to high tec....I have the same one in the back yard and could take a couple of snap shots of it and send then to you....railroader10....a picture is worth a thousand words in this instance...geraldpatry@yahoo.com

Old 03-17-08, 04:21 AM
O
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You should NEVER put your e-mail address in a forum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question