no gas

Old 04-18-08, 03:54 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
no gas

I have a 2006 honda rancher. There is gas at the carbueretor but not in it. The primer plunger has no tension on it, no gas comes out of the drain tube when I open the screw. I suspect a blockage at the connection of the fuel line to the carb. I tried to blow it out with light air pressure, still nothing. Any ideas......Please.

Old 04-18-08, 07:23 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I'm not familiar with your engine, but here are some basic things to check.
First, is the gas gravity fed or is there a fuel pump? If a fuel pump, verify that it is working. (check fuse / check flow when pump is on).

Next, remove the carb fuel bowl and check to see if the float is stuck in the closed position or if the float valve is jammed in the closed position.

Old 04-19-08, 05:15 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
it is gravity fed and when i take the line apart where it goes in the carb there is lots of gas. Trying to keep from tearing the carb down, hard to get to.

Old 04-19-08, 09:02 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
It sounds like a partial tear down may be in order, but try this first: Using a wood dowel or hammer handle, give the carb a few sharp raps near where the fuel line enters. Be careful not to overdo. You don't want to break anything, but a few sharp jolts may break the float / float valve loose. If not, tear down time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question