Yamaha radiator fan

Old 06-18-08, 10:58 AM
Yamaha radiator fan

I have a Yamaha Kodiak 450 2007, My hot engine light keeps going on. I think its the fan because i then noticed it didnt click on. I was going to run a wire from the battery to the fan to see if it would start. Someone else said i can unplug the fan and connect them to test it to see if its that. Any recomendations?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-08, 05:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
First check the fuse.

The fan probably has a hot lead and a ground lead. First check the ground lead. Make sure it's clean and shiny and firmly connects to a shiny spot on the frame. That may solve it. If not, then run a test wire from the plus battery terminal to the hot lead of the fan. Fan runs, may be temp sensor. Fan doesn't run, check fan.

Old 06-20-08, 07:20 AM
try to clean all the connectors, use WD40 for that or anything similar. sometimes dirt+rust can cause such problems.

Old 06-23-08, 02:31 PM
check antifreeze

I have a 2001 and 2004 both had the same issue and they were low on antifreeze They work great now

Old 06-23-08, 02:36 PM
yami radiator

coolant might be 2 thick, anti-freeze will have an revese effect, hench overheating and engine instead of cooling it

Old 06-25-08, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
I have a Yamaha Kodiak 450 2007, My hot engine light keeps going on. I think its the fan because i then noticed it didnt click on. I was going to run a wire from the battery to the fan to see if it would start. Someone else said i can unplug the fan and connect them to test it to see if its that. Any recomendations?
have you tried hitting it with a hammer? if so you will love all-out-motorsports.com