Club Car Battery/Wire Problem

Old 07-26-08, 03:03 PM
Club Car Battery/Wire Problem

I just put a new solenoid, new wires and connectors throughout and bought new Trojan Batteries for my Club Car Golf Cart about 2 months ago.

Today while out driving it, it stopped and smelled like burning rubber. When I checked under the seat, one of the posts had burned through and melted the metal around the battery post and it came off. So basically that battery is ruined I guess. What would cause this to happen?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-08, 07:49 AM
melted post

i have seen this happen many times.. when you installed the new batteries you either did not clean the posts with a wire brush or you didnot tighten the nut. i have had sucess with saving the 90$ t105 trogen by doing the following. drill the flat part of the terminal with a 1/8 bit about 3/8 in deep. and use a screw to attach the cable. dont over tighten or you will strip the threads in the lead. good luck

Old 08-03-08, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by fdgo3838 View Post
i have seen this happen many times.. when you installed the new batteries you either did not clean the posts with a wire brush or you didnot tighten the nut. i have had sucess with saving the 90$ t105 trogen by doing the following. drill the flat part of the terminal with a 1/8 bit about 3/8 in deep. and use a screw to attach the cable. dont over tighten or you will strip the threads in the lead. good luck
Well I don't know why it happened because I cleaned them all real good with a wire brush and soda water and tightened everything real good. Here are pics I took today...

Old 08-06-08, 09:17 AM
You either had a loose/dirty connection on that post or a bad crimp on the lug on that cable.

Old 08-24-08, 03:34 PM
wire problem

yep, you guys are right on the money. i have seen one that drooled from one post to the other