1992 yamaha breeze it will start but wont stay running?

Old 07-27-08, 09:35 AM
1992 yamaha breeze it will start but wont stay running?

when i spray starter fluid into the carburetor it will run and i can drive it up and down the start as long as i keep spraying stater fluid into the carburetor the wh0le time!!! what do think is the problum?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-08, 10:13 AM
You're not getting fuel to the carb or through the carb - or you have bad fuel.

Make sure you have good fuel in the tank. Then disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor to make sure fuel is flowing freely to the carb. If that's OK, drain the float bowl of the carburetor. It may have a drain plug, if not remove the bowl - usually held on by three or four screws. Clean out any debris in the bowl and reinstall it.

Then connect a temporary line to the carb fitting and pour a solution of 50/50 gasoline/carb cleaner in the line to fill the carb bowl. Then with full throttle and full choke on kick the engine over about four or five times. Let it sit for about fifteen minutes and do the same thing again, keeping the bowl full of the cleaning solution.

Then empty the carb of the solution and with full throttle, no choke, kick the engine over a few times to get rid of the solution. Hook the fuel tank back up and try to start it with no choke, full throttle.

If you still have a problem now, the carb will have to be removed, dismantled and cleaned.

Old 07-27-08, 10:16 AM
ok thank you i will try that and respond back after i am done!