Bombardier Engine problem

Old 09-12-08, 08:54 PM
Bombardier Engine problem

i have a problem i have an old bombardier engine that i can't find the info for but i have the plugs fire'n and it is a mix gas engine and maybe i don't have to ratio right but it would not turn over could anyone have any idea why, it has good compression from the valves and everything but just wont turn over could it be due to the fact it hasn't been started in awhile and could i try starter fluid to help it turn over? please someone help

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-08, 06:06 AM
Is this an old Ski-Doo engine? You are right it won't start because of it sitting for some time. That's pretty common. If you have fire at the plugs, all you have to do is put about a table spoon of gas/oil mix in the plug holes, spin the engine over a couple of times, put the plugs back in and it should try to start.

Once you have it started the first time, you should be ok. If you get it started and it doesn't run quite right, you may have to clean the carburetor.

Old 09-13-08, 07:05 PM
thanks for the advise imma try it when i get some free time and i will let you know how it works, and yess its a Ski-Doo engine