2 Stroke Pocket Bike Not Getting Fuel

Old 10-11-08, 11:49 PM
2 Stroke Pocket Bike Not Getting Fuel

I recently fixed a pocket bike I found at the side of the road, but it's been having fuel problems since. It is difficult to start and stalls after giving it a some throttle. To start it I have to play around with the choke and prime it, as well as giving it a little bit of throttle. I cleaned out the carb but don't know what to do next. It seems to only run on primer and when I take out the plug it's dry. It is also leaking a great deal from the fuel shut off valve. I have tried adjusting the idle screw but have seen no results. As of now I am running a 30:1 fuel ratio because the recommended 25:1 appeared to be too rich.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-08, 06:40 AM
By pass the fuel petcock valve and hose the fuel line straight to the carb and see if that helps any at all.

Place your hand over the carbs throat to shut all air off and crank it over for a second or two, to pull fuel from the tank. Then try to start it as normal.

30-1 may be to lean of mixture, most are 40-1 0r 50-1 ratios.

Old 10-12-08, 08:35 PM
you need to check the compression

Old 10-18-08, 10:25 PM
compression is fine but still no fuel, any other suggestions?

Old 10-19-08, 07:44 AM
If you have the all position carb, they have a pump diaphragm that pulses off the crankcase pressure. If the fuel path is clear from the tank to the carburetor, that diaphragm could be faulty.

The 25:1 fuel/oil mix vs 30:1 wouldn't be causing your problem. If you can keep it running with the primer, the problem is in the carburetor. If you can't get it working, you can buy those carbs for $20.00. I wouldn't even mess with a kit for it - just replace it and start riding. If you started out with a free bike, you'd still be ahead with fewer headaches

Old 10-19-08, 10:20 AM
Marbo & Carpets is right. Prob is in the carb, they are cheap and about anywhere. I recomend scooterparts4u.com(I think) or use google to find it. I also recomend Walbro performance carbs as they are easier to find kits for. (A little more expensive but well worth it), but if you are real cheap like me use tewarehouse.com quick service, good delivery, inexpensive. The kits are good but no diagrams.

Old 10-19-08, 08:56 PM
thanks, I'll look into it.

Old 10-19-08, 09:14 PM
but how do I know which one to get? I don't have much information about the bike and I don't want to buy a new carb and find out it doesn't fit. All I know is it says Piolanti on the side of the bike. Also, some of the carbs on the websites have measurements, what is that measuring, could that help determine which one to get?

thanks

Old 10-26-08, 06:14 PM
The bike is now running well on flat ground and does not stall, but loses all power when going uphill. It runs quite fast but when on a hill it hardly moves.