1965 Honda S90

Old 12-08-08, 08:40 PM
1965 Honda S90

Greetings from Bali,Indonesia.
After 3 years of searching i have finally found & purchased a 1965 s90 in a sugar cane village in Indonesia (wanted a 65 as its my year of birth)
At the moment we are in the process of stripping etc & i am wondering where i can find the paint mixing codes for this model.
After stripping off the old paint & the paper work says it was originally black but is there another way to determine for sure what the original color was ?
Thanks for any help.
Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-08, 04:11 AM
Group Moderator
Part of the vin (vehicle identification number) might contain that information. Best bet is to contact Honda directly or surf the web for classic Honda motorcycle forums. FWIW, my best friend's first motorcycle back in the late 60's was a 1966 S65 when I had a Yamaha 80. I think chances are pretty good it was black. Color choices back then were pretty limited.

Old 12-11-08, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by chefbali View Post
Greetings from Bali,Indonesia.
After 3 years of searching i have finally found & purchased a 1965 s90 in a sugar cane village in Indonesia (wanted a 65 as its my year of birth)
At the moment we are in the process of stripping etc & i am wondering where i can find the paint mixing codes for this model.
After stripping off the old paint & the paper work says it was originally black but is there another way to determine for sure what the original color was ?
Thanks for any help.
Matt
The color code is not in the VIN. These were only three colors. Yellow, Red, and Black.

You are not going to be be able to tell the difference between this gloss black and another gloss black once you get the paint on the frame. I would use the current Honda Motorcycle Black and get on with it...

Old 12-11-08, 05:08 PM
Group Moderator
Dating yourself, 'dude, if you can remember that. I was pretty sure black and red were available, but I don't ever recall seeing a yellow one.

Old 12-11-08, 05:35 PM
we had a yellow trail 90 back in the late 60's, and yes i am dating my self.

murphy was an opimist.