Honda ATC 110 need help

Old 12-20-08, 03:20 PM
Honda ATC 110 need help

I have a honda 110 ATC 3 wheeler that won't start. The plug sparks and there is fuel gettting into the cylinder. Can anyone suggest what I might do to trouble shoot? I have gotten it to putter some by spraying carb cleaner into the carb while trying to get it to start, but that won't even work now to get it to putter. My next step it to try some starter fluid sprayed into the cylinder if no one has any ideas. Does anyone have an electronic manual for this thing or a manual on 3 wheeler carbs.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-08, 08:22 PM
You could have it flooded. Pull the plug, full throttle, no choke, spin it over about a dozen times. With the fuel shut off at the tank, add a teaspoon of fuel to the cylinder. Then, with a new plug, no choke, half throttle. Try to start it. If everything like spark and timing is right it should try to start on the fourth or so time over.

If it does try, then, turn the gas back on, half choke, half throttle, try to start it.

Old 02-13-09, 08:11 PM
Honda 110 atc not starting

I have a 1983 honda 110atc, and have had a similar problem, i relaced the primary coil , no help,
then i tore off the starter rope cover and got into the flywheel area and soldered in a new exciter coil, but what i also found was my flywheel was rusty where the magnets are inside the flywheel, so i used a 600 grit sandpaper and shined up the inside of the flywheel, what a difference, it starts first pull now.
I must warn you that getting the flywheel apart needs a special puller.
Try this , you'll like it when you're done.

Old 02-17-09, 10:50 PM
I rebuilt the top end, new carb, and the machine runs. It has a high low range on it. I can get the bike to run in low range, ok at best but in high range it doesn't want to go. I have tried adjusting the clutch, with the nut loose, all the way in (clockwise) then counterclockwise until I feel resistance, then 1/8 back clockwise, tighten nut.

Old 02-18-09, 11:08 PM
Found the problem

The gas tank was rusting on the inside and clogging the carb and ruining plugs.

Old 02-19-09, 07:17 AM
Glad to hear you got that little beast going ac. You may want to take the tank off and put about 100 small nuts in it, shake them around for about five minutes and flush. Keep doing that to get it cleaned out. If you do that pull out the drain petcocks first so they won't be damaged.

As for Aberle it sounds like the friction disc is probably shot. Low range would move because of less demands on the clutch.

You could have something hanging up in the clutch travel that could be fixed by cleaning, but I would get a disc and be ready to put it in. If you have it apart to work on it anyway, replace the disc.

Old 02-24-09, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Aberle;1524499]I rebuilt the top end, new carb, and the machine runs. It has a high low range on it. I can get the bike to run in low range, ok at best but in high range it doesn't want to go. I have tried adjusting the clutch, with the nut loose, all the way in (clockwise) then counterclockwise until I feel resistance, then 1/8 back clockwise, tighten nut.

Old 02-25-09, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I read that part. Think about putting a friction disc in it.

Old 10-23-10, 10:19 AM
another honda atc

this one is a 200 es, came to me with wires dangling everwhere, any one know which wires to join for ignition spark, moreover, is it even possible to get ignition spark with the battery / elec. start not connected. I'm hoping to get the manual/pull start functioning and then later restore the elec. start since parts are missing back there, relay, etc.

Old 10-23-10, 08:46 PM
elmorgilmo,,If this is an old 3 wheeler with parts missing,, is it even worth fixing?? I found a lot of these older bikes people think you can fix them cheep, but you quickly go over the price of the bike with a couple parts & a bit of labor.... Be careful.. Roger