HONDA fourtrax 300 will not keep running

Old 12-27-08, 08:23 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HONDA fourtrax 300 will not keep running

I have a 94 honda fourtrax that has been setting up for about two years. My son wanted to get it running again, so he drained the fuel and put a new battery in. the problem is that it will crank and run for a minute or two and then it will just die. you can crank it again and it will do the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestion to keep it running.

Thanks

Old 12-28-08, 06:43 AM
M
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
It's in the fuel system. It could be a filter partially plugged or the float valve in the carburetor.

I would drain the tank through the line to the carburetor and watch it for a constant, full flow. If you're OK there, hook the line back up and get a can of SeaFoam from Walmart or an auto parts store - most have it.

Put about two quarts of gas in the tank with double the suggested concentration of Seafoam. Start it up and let it run until it dies. Let that sit for ten or fifteen minutes and do the same thing again. Then add enough fuel to meet the solution suggested on the can for gasoline.

About 3/4 of the time this will take care of everything and you'll be in business. If it doesn't, post back and we'll figure out the other 1/4.

Old 01-02-09, 04:33 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 250 Recon and was having the same problem and the only way we could get it to run correctly is I had to completly disassemble and clean the carb and empty the gas from the tank

Search this Thread

Ask a Question