95 Honda CBR600 starting issues

Old 01-02-09, 04:51 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
95 Honda CBR600 starting issues

i recently got a 95 Honda CBR600 F3 that needed work.The carbs were trashed,fuel pump bad,needed tires.etc.,etc.But Ive got all of that fixed . When I try to start it,it pops and back fires through the exaust.Its dumping fuel into the right 2 carbs and very barely squirting fuel into the left 2. What could cause this??

Old 01-02-09, 06:02 PM
the back fireing is caused by either excess fuel going into the engine, or poor spark or no spark on one or more cylinder. the dumping fuel and barely squirting fuel is a carbaration issue, who rebuilt the carbs? check all vac lines and wires,

murphy was a optimist

Old 01-02-09, 07:48 PM
B
I rebuilt them.This is a first for me with 4 carbs.I've done singles on dirtbikes,atvs,and older cycles before.I checked the vac according to the diagram given on the airbox lid and checked and re-checked the wiring.I checked the spark on all 4 its got a really nice spark even considering the plugs seem to have been in there for quite awhile.After all that Im STUMPED!

Old 01-02-09, 08:30 PM
check the passageway that furnishes fuel to all carbs, and i would think about checking the carbs for leaking diaphragms or some blockage of idle passages. you will need to synchronize them once you get the bike started. i should have stated in the first answer the backfire you hear is unburned fuel being ignighted in your exhaust.
by the way have you checked the cam timing? if could be off.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Search this Thread

Ask a Question